Sunday, April 13, 2008

I found some peace today

Worship was incredible this morning at church. Finally I found a place to get away from the pain. It was just me and the Lord. My heart was so filled.

My daughter is coming home for a one week visit on Saturday. I am pretty nervous. She is somewhat judge-mental about me and my parenting of her brother and sister. She doesn't think I can handle them alone.

Well - don't tell her, but there are moments I completely agree with her. But then I try to remind myself that I only have to be a 'good enough' Mom. Not a perfect Mom. So I think the thing I am most nervous about is how in the world can I pull off being a perfect Mom for seven days while she scrutinizes my every move. I don't know if I am blowing this out of proportion or not.

Our relationship has been so rocky for so long. I long for the days when she was a little girl and we were bonded and loving and she told me everything. I wonder if we will be able to heal our relationship even just a little before she comes home for good from her school. I want to heal our relationship. I want to change how I interact with her.

Well I am going to continue to rest in my wonderful peace tonight. Just for today I have every single thing I need in my life. My God has supplied it all. Thank-you Lord.

K

No comments: